Monday 14 September 2015

Gotta love Spring in Brisbane!

Tuesday 1st September 2015

Day 0+320 days

It’s the first day of Spring here in Brisbane and what a beautiful day it is!

This photo I took (yes gotta love a selfie) is of me in the garden on Sunday.  Paul and I have neglected our yard for quite a few months – had a bit of other stuff going on which took priority.  Anyway I was feeling like getting out there as the weather is just gorgeous at the moment.  Warm but not too hot, sun shining but doesn’t feel like it’s going to burn you.  I have to be careful with my 10 month old baby chemo skin as during the first 1-2 years you are prone to burn quicker than you once did.  Considering I didn’t go out in the sun at all last summer my usually olive skin body is quite the lily white at the moment which is very unusual.  Living here in Queensland and bringing our kids up here we’ve always been pretty conscious when in the sun for extended periods of time, starting the teenage battles now with Isabelle who wants to “get a tan”..  Remember the days when we used to use that Coconut oil when at the beach!  Good thing for me I was living in Victoria so using it didn’t happen too often since summer didn’t last too long – won’t be telling Belle about using that!!

Anyway as usual I digress and go off in my own little world.  The point of the little post is that I went out on Sunday and did some gardening.   Photo of me that I mentioned back at the start is me wearing one of Paul’s old work shirts.  This used to be quite a common occurrence back when I used to get out in the garden more often so it felt like a little bit of a milestone worthy of recording!!  Yay for me!!  When Paul realised what I was doing and came out to help he realised the mess I was making which in the past would result in me hacking up the garden making a mess then saying “I’m exhausted” and leaving him to it.  Well this time I actually helped out to the end, well almost to the end, I did leave him to do the lawn mowing.  So much nicer doing these things together instead of him having to go it alone while I pass out on the couch.  I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again “it’s just the little things that we want to be able to do again!”.

This past couple of weeks feels like “MS, WHAT MS!”..  Feeling like a normal family again doing normal everyday things without hesitation, boy how I’ve missed that!

(Note to self:  The date on this won’t match the posting date but I wrote it on the 1st September and hadn’t got around to posting.  I think I refrain from posting thinking I have to always do it for the wider audience when I really began this for myself so I’m going to try and write more for me again!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment