Saturday 18 October 2014

I'm officially in ISO - lock down! And.... it's a good thing!

Day 20

(Day 0+2)

I'm not sure I'm going to be very entertaining writing from ISO, I mean it's me and me and 4 walls and more me!

Today didn't start out in lock down although it started very early with infusion at 7am (before I even got to pee! which is not a good thing, hey girls and guys who've been before and are here now will definitely attest).  All worked out fine thankfully and I am feeling quite good, amazing since I've felt so crap for so many days now..  Previously I'd pretty much waiting until Paul got here to coax me out of bed and help me with my breakfast, I probably overdid it a bit but no need to tell him..  Anyway made myself a cup of tea (porridge came but I just can't do it), often a boiled egg comes as well with breakfast with the lovely bread warmed in the microwave and some salt and pepper and I'm a very happy girl.

Paul arrived, very cold, it's snowing in Moscow and I think it was about -2 degrees when he got here ladled with big water bottles to get me through a few days.

It was a strange morning as we were just waiting around to see how my levels were as we 'thought' I would be locked up by lunchtime but hadn't had the definite go ahead yet.  It was a nice just casual hang out morning, think we were both feeling a bit unsure how we really felt about the whole thing of now being apart after such an intense period together but also know that it's the next best step in the process and means it's all coming closer to the end and knowing that we can soon come home..

Went and had had a quick final visit to Matt next door in case we both got locked up and no sooner came out than Dr F said he'll be in to see me.  So my levels are all dropping as they should and ISO is a definite today.  Time for this to happen..  We were still kind of waiting though as we knew the staff would come and clean the room and take away most of my things and tell Paul to go.  Luckily we still had a bit of time together, Paul got to watch some Rugby and it was nice to feel the bit of normalcy together in the room.  Then it all happened, he was told to get out, I was allowed to stay on the bed while all was cleaned around me., then kicked off the bed so it could be made.  I was given the whites to wear 'no no' I say, 'da da' she says - I will have to make a compromise on this one!!  so that's it Paul's out I'm in, ISO is here!  Quick run for some extra snacks for me and Paul come back for a heartfelt goodbye through the thick glass window.  Very surreal but I know he's not far away which feels really good.

Time for my first vodka bath!!  I still get to have a shower and then cleanse myself with two different bottles, not to be mixed, one for delicate areas and the rest for the whole body, plus a mouth wash as well as we are not allowed to clean out teeth.  My compromise is still to wear my undies and singlet but I have on the fancy white pants - not quite big enough for this girls bum but comfy enough and I don't have to wash them..  In Paul's words how could I be happier "vodka bath and no laundry to do" -  well a big bowl of Carbonara to go with it would definitely make me happier!

So I'm settled in to ISO - not sure I'll make much exciting commentary over the next 7-10 days but I'll still give it a go every now and again..

Think I might start off tonight with "Sex and the City - The Movie"..

Pass the popcorn - oh shit, I don't get any do I...  Cosmopolitan, guess that's out of the question as well...  Oh well, red frogs will have to do!!

(And now I don't have my photographer at the ready, it may be a bit boring without photo's - will have to work that one out!!)

6 comments:

  1. Lucky I'm not having to wear those white pants - I'd probably need 3 pairs to cover my arse!!
    Thinking of you and enjoying reading your progress.
    Lots of love
    Gill xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made it around Gill and nearly fell down, think they looked and bought in the big guns!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. You sound šo happy Nat. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nurse asked me yesterday if you were my sister on the wall xxxx

      Delete
  3. Great news Natalie, the light at the end of the tunnel is only days (or a few more) away. So pleased that your journey is progressing. Thank goodness for technology and you have the Internet and tv.
    Be strong Be brave Be you
    Thinking of you,
    Pam Wildermuth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments as always Pam x

      Delete