Saturday 18 October 2014

Time for another shave off!

Day 19

I'm constantly receiving beautiful messages both via comments on the blog and Face Book and I just want you all to know how much they mean to me.  Family and Friends both old and new and strangers writing beautiful messages all giving me strength each day.  I cherish every message and am brought to tears constantly by how much care and love is being sent our way.  We are so very thankful and blessed to be here and your encouragement of us is just amazing xxx (insert more tears here)!

Kristy Cruise - without you this would not have happened for me and I will never be able to thank you enough, you are an inspiration and an amazing woman, you gave us so much HOPE when we needed it and I will continue to be eternally grateful xx

Couldn't believe how much better I felt this morning after the big birthday yesterday.  So happy to begin my "New Life" and now it is Day 0+1 and we wait for my blood levels to drop and then I will be locked in ISO.  I've started a graph, surprise, surprise so will keep you updated as I'm sure you will await with anticipation.  My Leukocytes have already dropped significantly within one day so Dr Fedorenko says doors will be locked tomorrow by 1pm so no more visits from Paul except through the window.

So this morning was really about getting the room ready and the ceremonial head shaving by all.  We've been so delighted to make some special new friends with Matt (my HSCT) birthday buddy, his partner, Laura and brother, Bryn.  We couldn't have done it without them and so the head shaving needed to be done as a team!!

 
 

And now my husband is dancing to "You Know You Want It" trying to attract my attention!!

3 comments:

  1. You all look beautiful, well done all! Try to have a relaxing time in ISO Nat, catch up on your sleep and let your stemmies make you stronger. Great reading your updates and thanks Paul for your great photos. Take care guys xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat - found your blog thanks to a link Kluppy had on FB - I had heard that you were going to Moscow but didn't realise you were right in the thick of it. I've just spent the last hour or so reading from the beginning. I'm filled with admiration at your bravery and courage - and what a wonderful role model for your two children - a mum who doesn't let life walk over her - gets up and gets ready to punch it in the nose! Will continue to follow your journey and know that you're now ensconced in small corner of my heart wishing you all the love and success in the world as you continue your new life. Take care and kindest regards to Paul too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All downhill from here. Love that u shaved too Paul.

    ReplyDelete