Saturday 25 October 2014

A little bit (or lot) of Random thoughts!!

As I start to write my little heading dates below I feel like I'm confusing myself as to where I'm up to in the process so this little bit of info is to get it right in my head just as much as anyone else's!

The Day 26 (below) is day 26 since my arrival at Pirogov Hospital and the official beginning of my stay at this magnificent place..  When I write (Day 0+8), that's 8 days since my Transplant Date / New Life Birthday, again I clarify this in my own head..  ISO speaks for itself I think, that's how many days I've been isolated to keep me safe from infection.

Day 26
Friday

(Day 0+8) - ISO day 7

Day 27
Saturday

(Day 0+9) -ISO - day 8


Think we'll just go for a whole two for one today as I'm not sure I can remember enough about the 2 days separately with significance and it may then turn out to be the most boring post I've done thus far, until the mind doeth wander which as you well know it occasionally does!

Actually - better update as I had the platelet infusion the night before the 26th day which I may have left you hanging in the balance...  No big deal, nothing to worry about, all very good Dr Fedorenko said and this will also help my platelets get moving in the right direction.

All things good in ISO.  Morning fusions, bloods, breakfast, vodka bath, clean sheets. 

Dr Fedorenko is still happy with my blood work.  My Leukocytes are not quite there for me to come out of Isolation just yet but he's happy they are heading in the right direction.  Maybe tomorrow you can hug you husband I think, he says!!..  He always come in and shakes both my hands, with his caring smile and eyes to make you feel at ease.
Blood work is starting to move in the right direction

An addition though that has definitely been happening big time is the hair loss, lots of it, have many bald patches on my head now..  Thanks Mum & Dad for providing me with a reasonably round head so hopefully I won't look too scary as a bald person, think I may have a nice scar on the back of my head from falling from a swing as a little girl (remember mum!) - not that I'm worried about it at all, it's all for the greater good (except I may regret that when I walk out into the Russian cold before I leave - big beanie required for that transport).
Hey Baby!

The hours while away quite easily.  I thought I'd watch lots of movies, tv, read but it's a different feeling.  I don't feel any pressure except to heal I guess and I don't feel the need to bog myself down into too much information...  Mum again will attest to how easily I've let them just get on with things at home.  I talk to family and friends a lot on face time which is great as it makes you still feel like you are part of normal life at home.  Love talking to the kids at dinner time as they just go about their business like I'm in the room and chatter about their day.

Starting to think a lot about going home now as it's really going to happen this week. 

Dr Fedorenko has given us such a gift of New Life and now it is up to us to make sure that we take care of that gift.  Aftercare is going to be huge but I think that when you embark on something as enormous as HSCT then your aftercare should have been just as much as an investment as well..  I've read as much as I think I can and listened to a lot of advice.  I can't and never will stop thanking Kristy Cruise for the amount of information she has provided to me and others in this area, this lady cares above and beyond for us all embarking on this journey, I mean really cares!!  There are others who also have this huge capacity of caring on special HSCT forums, the veterans with their knowledge are amazing and I'd also like to thank them for sharing their wealth of knowledge.

I have a  Haematologist to return to who will continue to undertake my care along with a very special GP and Physiotherapist and my Neurologist of 10 years who supported me will continue to monitor me as well - I am very blessed.

I'm about to have a moment.........

10 years ago I was diagnosed with MS would you believe!  You know I have to have these moments,...  is stuff I probably already told in my story..  My little girl was 3 years old. There was kindy orientation (how could I miss that) and I remember walking around in a daze not feeling my left side of my body wondering how I was going to keep a straight face and no one notice, then I had to go away to see the Neurologist, it was to be her first ballet concert that weekend.  Mum of course got her ready and organised and Paul and I made the flight back just in time to see the show she was beautiful, so tiny, I'm feeling nostalgic.  My beautiful little boy was only 6 months old..  How could this be fair..  I'm so blessed to have healthy children..  BUT - look at me now, they are amazing, we have made it though by being Strong, being Brave.  I sometimes think we take our family and friends for granted sometimes.  I have never felt so much love and strength through the past few weeks from everyone...

Missing you and couldn't do it without you xx

Man I do go on, think I need to lighten the mood a bit, maybe I shouldn't write in the early hours of the morning..

So I did watch a movie last night "The Notebook"..  I've watched it before and last time I thought "Nah" - is that a word, it just didn't quite grab me as an all time love story...  thought I'd give it another go and sorry it felt another "Nah" to me again - sorry to disappoint but..  Give me "An Officer and a Gentlemen", Titanic, Pretty Woman, oh and I am a pretty desperate 40+ year old Twilight Fan.... My favourites are definitely good old Romantic Comedies that make me laugh and cry and they always get together in the end...

Now that must be one of the most random posts of all - sorry to bore but the babble just comes out!!  ISO warning - emotions all over the place - one minute up, one minute down but as a whole is all nothing but a good thing!!

Fingers crossed I get to hug my husband tomorrow!!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment